The Photo Features section is for users who wish to contribute fuller 'articles', but the basic principle is the same as other content types.
Any logged in user can create an article by clicking on the 'add an article' link on the left within the left hand navigation.
- Enter the title for your article - this is used in lists throughout the site.
- Select the language you are using to write your article - this lets the site show content in different languages to different users.
- Select the type of article - this controls which category your article will appear in e.g. 'Step by step projects
- Enter optional tags to assist other visitors finding your article
- Enter your main article content in the wysiwyg editor
- Click 'save'
Articles are published immediately, and the owner of the article can edit or delete it at any time.
Formatting and layout techniques
To give users flexibility to achieve a wide range of layouts and formatting, a range of techniques are available, but they can seem daunting. Here are some tricks you can try:
- Watch our formatting video for a tutorial on using the editor
- Don't cut-and-paste content from Microsoft Word - it can bring over unwanted formatting
- See how other articles are formatted - if you see a layout you like you can cut-and-pate the content into your editor window, then change it to suit your needs maintaining the format.
- Join Dave (pictured) and @ParkTweets for their annual Imaging Festival on 22nd June 2013 http://t.co/Pi9nQzVBUe http://t.co/Z0DP33iFcv
- #Fujifilm #HS20EXR owner heads north to enjoy a day photographing the inhabitants @EdinburghZoo http://t.co/xyf6Gmv72D
- #FF this week for @toughmudder - Awesome outdoor events. Looking at entering a Fujifilm UK team in the near future!
- Looks like this #Fujifilm #HS30EXR has had a Close Encounter of the French kind! http://t.co/KH1Ki3pqI3
- Trip up The Shard is the 'high' light for this #Fujifilm #F100fd owner's whistle-stop #London tour http://t.co/J965KOuVxV