Beautiful day for a walk
My first meet here in Scotland and I ended up accompanied by 2 charming gentlemen, George and Donald. We met at Stirling Castle then decided to head off to Dunblane as Donald wanted bluebells and I needed practice with landscapes.
Dunblane Cathedral with its "twisted" bell tower
Heading off for a walk alongside the Allan water
On your right, a beautiful recently built community rock garden.
The old mill on the left
Looking doon the water to the railway bridge.
Donald setting up for a shot
Gorgeous banks of bluebells but we missed them at their best
Our intrepid guide, George through the broom.
The old mill owners house
Back to the cathedral, was shut so thought it would be a good time for some refreshment at George's local
After a delicious orange juice we headed to Stirling University
If anyone knows why this chap is blue ( and I dont mean sad) please let me know
Stirling Uni has a beautiful campus
Swans on Airthrey Loch
There were lots of rhododendrons in bloom
Common blue dragonfly ( I think)
Lots of them but a nightmare to photograph
Looking towards Dumyat
Cant wait to see that shot, Donald
We then headed home after a great day Was lovely meeting you both. I stopped off on Flanders moss on the way home and took some more shots.
Looking across the moss with Ben Lomond in the distance
Not sure what this is called but was chuffed to have caught it.
Thanks for looking. Liz
- So it might be warmer now, but it wasn't long ago that it was Baltic, as this #Fujifilm #S9600 owner's blog proves! http://t.co/sNVjkZe48E
- Sending one of these (mic, not camera) to @geekanoids to have a play with and let us know what they think http://t.co/oMdKC1XbZX
- Not quite sure how this #Fujifilm #HS10 managed to stop this fast-moving subject in its tracks - that's some skill! http://t.co/I2Vz8rGj80
- Perfect for British weather... http://t.co/CcYvg6Zr3b #rain #waterproofcamera http://t.co/K7E42nz2LZ
- @Lensflaredave the best kind ;-)