Watching the sunrise at Maldon, Essex.
Prior to my visit,I was unaware that The Hythe,at Maldon, was the main port for Thames Barges.Imagine then my delight and surprise,when,as soon as I'd set up my tripod and camera,a barge purred past on it's way to the sea.So,here are a few shots taken near The Hythe, Maldon, on the River Blackwater.
A Thames barge heads for the open sea,at dawn.
A thames barge effecting a turn.
The seaside town of Maldon, at dawn.
A Thames barge departing The Hythe,at Maldon.
Moored in a peaceful location.
A Thames Barge, reflected neath a mottled sky.
Heading out to sea,on an ebbing tide,in the dawn.
A sailing vessel with rowing boat,moored close to shore.
Moored yacht in the sunrise.
Sailing boat(I don't know which type),silhouetted in the sunrise.
The Hythe at dawn.
Yachts moored in the River Blackwater Navigation,which reaches the estuary at Maldon.
Birds perform their morning flypast,as the sun begins to rise.
- #Fujifilm #X100 owner gets on the web to capture a great close up shot http://t.co/vOlXqh0Mjy
- Black & white conversion breathes new life into #Fujifilm #S200EXR owner's colour images http://t.co/N7GP33jf0H
- Looks like this #Fujifilm #HS30EXR user has been getting creative with colour popping. Very effective http://t.co/CgfPFA3qGp
- #Fujifilm #HS50EXR tries to make a splash using a glass of water - does he succeed? Find out here http://t.co/4XAUkgwUkX
- That's either a big anchor or a small girl! Either way, we love this #Fujifilm #X100 user's portrait http://t.co/gOFWm1BVgD