Derby Cathedral Inside & Out
On Sunday went into Derby for lunch then went for a walk around Derby and we took a look inside the Cathedral (the Uk's smallest Anglican Cathedral).
Again I took with me my trusty Hs10 and my Fisheye lens which helps to get some shots of the whole building
View across the street from the Cathedral
The Cathedral of All Saints is the smallest Anglican Cathedral in England.
the Cathedral is built in a Gothic, Neoclassical style
The Tower stands 212 Feet tall and contains the oldest ring of Ten Bells in the United Kingdom.
At the Back of the Cathedral is the Cathedral green which also has a statue of Bonnie Prince Charles commemorating his visit in 1745. The furthest south he got to the English Throne.
a view at the back of the Cathedral.
another view of the back of the Cathedral and it is here you are able to see the peregrine falcons which have nested here since 2005
a closer picture of the falcon on the ledge which was installed in 2006.
the link is here http://www.derby.gov.uk/apps/peregrines
a view of the Cathedral sideways on taken on Amen ally.
Notable people to be buried in the Cathedral are
Bess of Hardwick
Entrance to the Cathedral
Inside the entrance
2 sets of stairs inside the entrance which visitors are not allowed up
A View of the Ceiling
a View of the Altar
a golden Statue which services are conducted from
Looking towards the doors from the Altar
one of the Beautiful stained glass windows
a view of the the Ceiling towards the entrance including the stained glass window.
this picture is in my gallery
a view back towards the altar from the entrance
St. Michaels which is just yards from the Cathedral
- So, who is going to win this weekend? Place your bets now on this #Fujifilm #F550EXR owner's image http://t.co/yS0O65TZYt
- Photographers in Action - FUJINON XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS http://t.co/Mu7RQPYPsf
- Cute wildlife picture of the day taken with a #Fujifilm #XS1. Altogether now... Awwwwww! http://t.co/hzsmlfa8Gz
- This blog is written in German, but the shots from a #Fujifilm #HS25EXR look great in any language! http://t.co/C6qvHf0bCV
- Would you go down here? Looks like #Fujifilm #X10 owner has captured the entrance to the underworld... http://t.co/q9Kdd9ywFy