A look at the culture of uniforms here in Japan
Parking lot attendants wear uniforms that are very similar to cops.
A guard that prevents people from walking in front of buses (yes, this is necessary here in Japan as people just walk everywhere without looking....)
Parking lot guards, rules are to always smile and bow.
Security guard, not a policeman.
Bus guards, to save people who want to walk in front of buses
Construction guard, who ... stands there all day....
Parking lot guards
Zoo security guard, who .... stands there all day.
Bus guard, trying to get people to stop trying to suicide in front of oncoming buses
Parking lot guards high-five
Construction guard, actually working.
I just threw this one in, as I would like this to be the new parking lot guard's uniforms. This would make it easier to not mistake them for police officers, don't you think? :)
I have many themes that I love to photograph, and people on the streets is one of them. I especially liked this weekly theme I gave myself, which was to photograph guards in Tokyo.
Sometimes when you feel like you are running out of ideas to photograph, instead of just walking around looking for something interesting, give yourself a theme, such as "the colour red" or "bicycles" or "I'll use only my 45mm lens this week", etc... And then just look for these (of course, keep an eye out for "interesting things to photograph" as well, but concentrate on your chosen theme).
I found that since I started giving myself weekly themes, my photography has benefited from it, and I get to see the world differently, which I really enjoy.
- What you've all been waiting for - Fujifilm XF23mm F1.4 R real-world samples gallery http://t.co/l90Z0cj6hb via @DPReview
- A set of Spring shots in early December? Well, this #Fujifilm #F550EXR owner does live Down Under... http://t.co/jh3rhBrINz
- #Fujifilm #XS1 sinks to new low... and gets a great autumnal image as a result - take a look! http://t.co/hCKdPmjd6Y
- RT @CHLOEJASMINEW: @Fujifilm_UK 'Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs..' Shakespeare @CHLOEJASMINEW http://t.co/ywKf8Qpz1J
- What do @techradar think of the Fujifilm X-E2? Read their full review here http://t.co/vAlVLveFBq #XE2