A look at the culture of uniforms here in Japan
Parking lot attendants wear uniforms that are very similar to cops.
A guard that prevents people from walking in front of buses (yes, this is necessary here in Japan as people just walk everywhere without looking....)
Parking lot guards, rules are to always smile and bow.
Security guard, not a policeman.
Bus guards, to save people who want to walk in front of buses
Construction guard, who ... stands there all day....
Parking lot guards
Zoo security guard, who .... stands there all day.
Bus guard, trying to get people to stop trying to suicide in front of oncoming buses
Parking lot guards high-five
Construction guard, actually working.
I just threw this one in, as I would like this to be the new parking lot guard's uniforms. This would make it easier to not mistake them for police officers, don't you think? :)
I have many themes that I love to photograph, and people on the streets is one of them. I especially liked this weekly theme I gave myself, which was to photograph guards in Tokyo.
Sometimes when you feel like you are running out of ideas to photograph, instead of just walking around looking for something interesting, give yourself a theme, such as "the colour red" or "bicycles" or "I'll use only my 45mm lens this week", etc... And then just look for these (of course, keep an eye out for "interesting things to photograph" as well, but concentrate on your chosen theme).
I found that since I started giving myself weekly themes, my photography has benefited from it, and I get to see the world differently, which I really enjoy.
- @robingissing Hi there, please DM us your email address and we can look into this in more detail for you.
- @SheriffGbailey Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your camera, DM us your email address and we will get our team to contact you.
- Jim Marks Interview: Thoughts on the Fujifilm X-T1 http://t.co/RMHV2rmgKi @itsjim #xt1
- The latest issue of @digitalslrphoto has a great review of the Fujifilm #XT1 with a whopping 94% rating! https://t.co/e6O5o1VDHf
- @Givemeabiscuit I went from X10 to X100S. Never looked back (apart from those few occasions I wish I was a LITTLE bit closer!). Marc