LoginRegister

FinePix HS20EXR

FinePix HS20EXRMembers and their FinePix HS20EXRView now

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

M or E Week 12 RESULTS?Thank you all who took part

Hi Folks

Just to say thanks for giving it a go this week, i know there aren't many who have a go but i enjoy it personally!

Each of them have something i like in them so it was a bit of a hard one to make.

As there are only a few i will just pic a winner and runner up, just in case the 1st place is unable to set the challenge.

So here goes.

1st place it has to be Marion with her Daleks a very vibrant image and think the Daleks look as though they would be found living there so it fitted the bill perfectly, and carrying on the sci-fi theme with the 2nd, just glad that wasn't really happening when i took the pic, like the added touch of the light rays at top right corner and the over all finish to the window and brick work! All very nicely done.

2nd Mike my choice being the 2nd picture where you combined the two images it was blended together really well even to the extent of the open top windows, with the different colour used inside to give the illusion that it was really open, the little touches make all the difference and i thought that was spot on.

DC liked the way you made it symmetrical plus the light also led the eye down to the doorway, leaving the question, what or who is out there waiting for when the threshold is crossed, think the idea works well.

Jenny loved the Lomo fx you put on the first pic, i am researching that side of photography at the moment. Love all the way the colours look on the photo think they add a certain quality and  retro feel. Also like the way you have made the window into a bow nice idea.  Great stuff.

Lat but not least Chris Gossop, also well done with the yellowy urban lighting colour and undesirables lurking down the other end, don't think i would walk down that way. Plus i also like the spray paint fx on the 2nd image, very effective.

So cheers all and now Marion get digging out a couple of pix for the next challenge.

Cheers again guys for giving it a go!!

Take care

Pixel xx

You have until 8 pm (UK Time) on Sunday 25th March to choose 1 or both of the photos and change it/them I don't mind if they've been edited or manipulated as long as they stay within the criteria.

Post your entry(s ) in the registration thread

This competition can be as easy as putting a border on the photo or as difficult as cutting, colour adjustment, HDR whatever you want.

Don't be afraid to comment on other entries, in the IHC MorE CHAT Thread.

The RULES

You must post your entry(s ) in this current forum topic by the closing time, which will be stated in the original post. This will usually be 8pm UK time.
You may enter entries using any or all of the original photos posted. But only 1 of each photo.
Test entries may be posted in the IHC MorE CHAT Thread. And all comments on test entries or challenge entries should be made in the IHC MorE CHAT Thread.
You can manipulate as much as you want, BUT we still want to see that it's at least from the original photo, and matches the setters criteria.
The poster of the original photo(s ) shall be the judge and will set any additional criteria eg entries must have a border. They can post 1 or 2 photos for entrants to choose from.
The judge shall announce the winner at 9 p.m. approx.
The winner to set the Challenge as soon as possible, 10 a.m. the following day at the latest.
If 1st fails to set the Challenge 2nd takes over etc., both the Challenge and the Judging.

Post the Rules in all weekly starter posts please.

links to this weeks challenge:

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 20/03/2012 - 23:00
Comment

Hi Folks,

Has anyone had a go at downloading the photos yet and if so were you able to?

Cheers

Pixel xx

Reply to comment

Date Tue, 20/03/2012 - 23:28
Comment

Hi Just downloaded, no problem, Links work fine Smile

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 23/03/2012 - 18:57
Comment

Hi Pixel ...Sorry for dropping out yesterday....i have saved your pics ...there appear to be no problems....So I've had a little play while I was supposed to be doing my tax headache....Here is the result..... A bit Hurried

Pic One

Pic Two

Regards ....Mike   PLEASE View & Comment

SPACE..... comp entry

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 21/03/2012 - 18:52
Comment

straightened, figure removed, half the image reflected to create another set of lights and tweeked using topaz

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 21/03/2012 - 20:24
Comment

Glad it worked for all so far, great work so far guys. No problem Mike it's one of those things.

Just to let you all know I took these when me and Alan took our dog to Wolvo for a visit to the vets on the bus. The Subway is along side the station in the town that leads down to the old railway arches, The piece of wasteland was at one time "Springfield Brewery" was going to be turned into flats and like a lot of old places caught fire it was quite a large place at one time, such a shame, but good for photographing. I also took some pix of the timber yard that got totally gutted the week before taking the dog to the vets or else i would have been able to have caught it as a full on inferno.

Also Marion was informed that Ryde Castle is no more either as that suffered a huge blaze the other day too!

Keep up the good work folks!!! Great jobs done so far.

Pixel xx

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 22/03/2012 - 09:04
Comment

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 22/03/2012 - 08:13

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 23/03/2012 - 20:23
Comment

Picture 1

Posterised picture then added the Tardis & the Daleks... Smile .... think I`m on Sci-fi this week!

So along the same lines... Picture 2

Added a space invasion that I did some time ago... tidied up edges, straightened perspective added gradient flare ...then lost track of colour changes applied!

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 25/03/2012 - 14:32
Comment

bump

SPACE..... comp entry

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 25/03/2012 - 19:47
Comment

Bump!!!

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 25/03/2012 - 20:19
Comment

Well done Mary-Ann , DC and all who entered ..Thanks Pixel for some interesting images and of course 2nd slot...

Looking forward to MorE 13 Mary-Ann

SPACE..... comp entry

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 25/03/2012 - 21:06
Comment

Thanks Pixel for choosing my Daleks ... had fun with this one ... great images to play with

Hope I can come up with something as good for next week

well done everyone

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 25/03/2012 - 22:07
Comment

Well done everybody

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 26/03/2012 - 07:31
Comment

well done all and congrats to Marion and Mike.

looking forward to the next one.