You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

UK - Member's Photo Challenge

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
20/4/14

25 min 35 sec ago
Thanks again for my win Paul.As usual, take a snapshot of something that catches your eye, have fun. RulesAll welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in j.peg format and as near on automatic setting as possible.If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.Camera to be identified with entry.Photos must be taken between now and 20:30 British Time.No manipulation of your photos is allowed except for cropping and straightening.
20/4/14

8 hours 58 min ago
 Thanks again for choosing my picture DipperFor todays challenge i would like you to take a pic of an external wall think about composition as this i think plays a major role in making a mindane subject like an exterior wall into a dynamic piece of photo art.Colour or B&W your choice folks.Looking forward to seeing what you produce Guys.Pixel xx *********************************************************RULES
13/4/14

9 hours 3 min ago
Hi all, hope you are enjoying the Easter break. Some great captures this week, all good and both Christian and pagan related. 1st           Andrea. Great imagination, great lighting, great shot.2nd          Steve.   Powerful, symbolic image.3rd           Danny   Right place, right time. Well spotted.a mention too for Paul's eggs and Chris's mother and baby.Over to Andrea.
19/4/14

9 hours 4 min ago
Nice entries everyone. The winners are.....1st Pixel - good composition, lighting and colour make a pleasing photo. Very appropriate for today.2nd Paul - I like the line of the wire and the contrast between the barbs and the more rounded wood.3rd Kathy - the texture and colour of the cut branch have been captured well against the dark (evening?) background.Over to Pixel for tomorrow's challenge.ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
19/4/14

9 hours 54 min ago
Thanks everyone for the entries, I hope you all had a great Easter weekend!My choices are:-1st - andy- smith - super sharp macro of the fly2nd - mastro88 - beautiful smiling Easter bunny!3rd - marion wager - lovely composition of artists material and artwork.Thanks once more and now over to Andy!:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My thanks once again to Mary Ann for the win. As ever, a pic of what catches your eye today!
18/4/14

22 hours 43 min ago
Okay1st place. Dipper. I just love that curve.2nd place. Marion Wagner. Love the tunnel affect.3rd place. Gwalion. Just a good shot and I like the way the trees curve.Over to you Dipper.   Thanks again Paul for the win.OK, the challenge is...........                                                         Intentional camera movement.
13/4/14

1 day 8 hours ago
For this challenge I would like you to give us a:-                                                              Recipe
18/4/14

1 day 10 hours ago
Thanks again for the win kathyYou all know the form folks ... a snapshot of anything that catches your eye today~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Thanks for all your entries peeps ... a good selectionResults:1st .... Gwalion ... lovely shot of Brodie .. he looks very comfortable... :) ... not often you see a wall eye on a black & white collie
28/1/13

1 day 22 hours ago
Below is a list of the daily In House Challenge themes that have been set. Earlier theme choices can be viewed here if you are short of inspiration. If you are setting a challenge, you may wish to check here to see if your choice has been used recently.This list now shows the most recent themes at the top.Many thanks to Red Lassie (assisted by Kasey) for starting and updating the original list. I know some of you find this helpful.
17/4/14

1 day 22 hours ago
My thanks to all who entered, I hope you all enjoyed the challenge.  1st - ianfinepix - one single sharp flower amongst a soft surround.2nd - dipper - a pool of slightly softened light that recedes into coal blackness3rd - witchone - an almost abstract rendition of the treesThanks again and now over to Ian.:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~RULES
17/4/14

2 days 10 hours ago
Thanks everyone for so many lovely entries. Not easy choices today due to quality of pics so joint placings, sorry
18/4/14

2 days 23 hours ago
BUY HIGH QUALITY FAKE AND REAL PASSPORT,ID CARDS,DRIVING LICENSE,DOLLAR/EUROS BILLSOur company has years of experience producing fake and real passports and other identity documents. We use high quality equipment and materials to produce counterfeit documents. All secret features of real passports arecarefully duplicated for our falsified documents.we are unique producer ofquality fake documents.We offer only original high-quality fake passports, driver's licenses, IDcards, stamps, Visa, school Diplomes and other products for a number of
16/4/14

3 days 9 hours ago
Super photos everyone. My difficult choices are:1st Paul - lovely low shot emphasising the nature of the shore with the colourful ship in the distance.2nd Mary-Ann - super lighting and angle with the tree branches and sky giving height to the photo.3rd Kasey - who can resist this lovely animal portrait? The low shot brings the viewer close to the dog and makes it very personal.Well done everyone else. Sorry for the slight delay. Computer problems.Over to Paul for tomorrow's challenge.
16/4/14

3 days 10 hours ago
Thanks all for the entries, my choices are:-1st - Witchone - a pair of monstrous, yet beautiful dogs! - I wouldn't fancy the feed bill!2nd - Mastro888 - gorgeous sun dappled avenue3rd - David Ore - with the raging bonfire - looks hot even n the computer!Thanks again everyone and now over to Kathy!:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Rules
1/2/12

3 days 22 hours ago
Hi, I have recently purchased the X10 and am very pleased with it's quality but am greatly frustrated in my attempts to transfer images directly to my computer (and more specifically to my Adobe Photshop CS2 software) using the SANDISK EXTREME HD SDHC  memory card alone via the memory card reader on my laptop or via a Fujifilm USB 2.0 socketed adaptor device.
d c
12/5/13

3 days 22 hours ago
 Firstly, thank you for taking the time and effort to submit an entry. Despite only 4 entries I found it difficult to judge as I liked them all for different reasons,and the winner is........
15/4/14

4 days 57 min ago
Thanks for the entriesSorry to here about your father inlaws illness LorricYou may well be correct that the challenge was more suited to a weekend Marion judging by the number of entries.Here goesIn Ist Position : JonathanI liked the composition of the shot  showing the total area of the house Good Work2n Paul (Gwellion )Worked well in Sepia and a good composition with the old directors seats  3rd Pam Clifford: Certainly an abandoned  greenhouse lots od interest Good shot .
14/4/14

5 days 1 hour ago
 Sorry for the delay1st maestro with her fabulous easter collection2nd andy with his macro spider3rd carey with his scenic viewregardstuart thanks Ron for the winSo show me whats happening and getting your attention in your part of the worldStuartRules
6/5/13

6 days 8 hours ago
250   Easter   Catweazle249   Postboxes   Andrew248   Relaxing  Christine Davies247  Single Flower with white background   Gwalion246  Fruit / inside & out    Janga Stud245  Spring Awakenining / Signs of Autumn   Andrew244  My Phobia  Marion Wager243  Night time or Low Light Image  Scon4061242  Wooden Structures  Jvilums 1234241  Soft Focus  Marion Wager
7/4/14

6 days 20 hours ago
Well done everyone. You have managed to turn something as mundane as a post box into a fasinating competition, with entries from New Zealand, France, two from Wales (the other one is Bob Gransha's but NFG so couldn't have won) and lots from England.FIRST:Most of you realised that to get a good pic there had to be an interesting background, and by photographing a really rare postbox and giving it scale with human interest the winner this week is       Carl Catweasel
30/3/14

1 week 9 hours ago
Thank you everyone for your fabulous blog on Nature.   It really has been the hardest thing to judge with so many excellent entries.1st.   Paul,  your blog is superb and I loved the presentation, everything about it. Well done.2nd,  Christine.  I really enjoyed your blog, such a pretty part of the UK. Well done.3rd.   Has to be everyone else. All wonderful blogs,  all enjoyable. Well done, Pam.Now over to you Paul for the next Photoblog Challenge.  Well done Pam.
8/4/14

1 week 4 days ago
Thanks again for first place LorricOk everyone have fun snapping away at anything you like.Got a very poor signal so Judging quickly while I can1st Ron- Nature at it's Best2nd Norman- A Magnificant Church and Brilliant Blue Sky3rd Chris - Those were the days!UFOs flying over Sainsbury's Car Park last night
9/4/14

1 week 4 days ago
Hi Friends, particularly Mr. Finepix,
7/4/14

1 week 5 days ago
1st Mags with her lovely hand basins very unsual.2nd Kathy with her Larkeet.3nd Andy with his macro fly and David with his flower/plant You all winners in my eyes.  RULESAll welcome using any camera or phone with the proviso that pictures are taken in j.peg format and as near on automatic setting as possible.If you want your photo to be judged, put ‘Mine’s in’ before or after the photo.
31/3/14

2 weeks 11 hours ago
Thank you for your entries.As there were only a few entries this week I have chosen one winner.Your winner is Andrew.Over to you Andrew++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Your challenge this time is.        "Relaxing"It could be someone/something relaxing or a relaxing view. Your interpretation, as long as you incorporate one of the following. Leading lines, Rule of thirds etc, or any of the main components of a good picture.