You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

UK - Member's Photo Challenge

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
4/6/13

45 weeks 1 day ago
Thankyou all for entering I'm just sorry I couldn't choose them all. The three that I like best are:1st Marion, lovely shot of a busy bee with what looks like a very fat tummy!2nd Dipper, a very nicely composed shot of the fishing pots on the boat and all the boats in the background, interesting image.3rd Phil, and mother swan brooding over her nest, nice shot.All good shots today!Over to you Marion :)Your challenge is to take a photo of anything you want.
4/5/13

45 weeks 3 days ago
I think I'm still being too harsh on people sometimes .It may be useful for people to put which software they use and where they think they are on the manipulation scale of one to ten and how comfortable they are .I'll start .Experience comfort level 6.Can follow tutorials eventually most of the time and can wing it a bit where I can't .Use Photo-shop for manipulation and Capture NX for RAW editing .Time willing and able to give a task here within a week, around 8 hours at present . 
19/5/13

46 weeks 8 hours ago
Here's where you put the link to your entry any other comments and requests for help etc. should go into the discussion thread.This task will run for two weeks....closing on Sunday June 2nd at 6.00pmOnce you have made your text you could put it into an advertising poster or melt your chocolate bar.For anyone new:The IHC Man is for the purpose of exploring software. The task is set each week according to a Rota
29/4/13

46 weeks 1 day ago
I thought I would 'pop along' and take a look at the section, not being here for some while.Blimey people, you don't make it easy, do you?  How many challenges are there?I could make head nor tail of them.I have now gone to lie down in a darkened room.
25/4/13

46 weeks 1 day ago
First of all folks I apologise if I have upset the threads today. There are a few ways I could have exposed styler. I could have emailed her and asked her to refrain from posting other peoples work. I could have accused her outright as myself ( yes I am one of us ) 0r I could have remained anonomous. 
19/5/13

46 weeks 2 days ago
Thanks again Danny for my win~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yes ..... Your challenge this week is to take a shot of a neon sign, or neon signs  lit & in a low light situationHave fun ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Obviously not a very popular subject!! Thanks for entering you three  as the entry numbers were disappointingly low this week I will just award a 1st placeResults:
17/5/13

46 weeks 3 days ago
 I had intended to set this one last time it was my turn but as we had just done a text challenge I put it to one side.http://www.photoshoplayer.com/intermediate/creating-chocolate-text-in-photoshop/I think that I also found a GIMP tutorial last time so when I find it again I will post it for you GIMPers
27/5/13

46 weeks 3 days ago
 ROTA MAINTENANCEAt the BEGINNING of your task week when you post the TASK & DISCUSSION THREAD please copy and paste the whole of this Rota Thread to a new Thread showing the relevant Friday current date in the subject heading. You are free to choose to set a 7 or 14 day challenge, please amend the rota accordingly. Any "NEW VOLUNTEERS" putting their name forward for inclusion to set tasks can also be added to the list at that time...
19/5/13

46 weeks 5 days ago
This thread is for questions, trials ,sundry comments, jokes etc. ...
14/5/13

47 weeks 2 days ago
 What do you do when someone who has something to hide keeps removing your comments  (and other people's) on other threads?And in the meantime e mails you privately and saysit wasn't me, honest, I didn't do it, why does no one on here believe me?start a new thread, of course! 
d c
12/5/13

47 weeks 2 days ago
All good entries which I enjoyed viewing. Thanks for your efforts, I hope you enjoyed the challenge.After much deliberation the results are...1st. Marion Wager Great detail in this shot with a good mix of textures and tones which caught my eye
3/5/13

47 weeks 6 days ago
I found it difficult to find a task that focuses on one particular method, such as the OOB task did.  So I hope this task is suitable as it is fairly general.  There will only be a Part 1 so plenty of time to come up with something imaginative and top notch, hopefully, over two weeks.  The task is based upon this tutorial:
5/5/13

48 weeks 1 day ago
Here's where you put "Mine's in." linked to the entry in your gallery. This task will run for 2 WEEKS.This task closes 6:00pm on SUNDAY 19th May For anyone new:The IHC Man is for the purpose of exploring software. The task is set each week according to a Rota
13/5/13

48 weeks 2 days ago
 "Creative Photographs"Very few entries today and I am not at homeso here is a shortened version of the results  on my wife's iPad  1st DSeat Dean Great idea great colours well deserved first position2nd  Ady Fabulous shot very close to first position lovely shot co loved the smoke 3rd MARY -Ann  again good idea and composition Special mention to Pam very good shot good work well that's it over to Dean for tomorrow's challenge regards Brian RULES
28/4/13

48 weeks 2 days ago
 Some would say "only 4 blogs"? but I say yea, but 4 "great blogs".I will only pick one winner (and that is bad enough in itself) But the others can rest assured not being a winner is not losing either. I have learned something from all of them.So......the winner is.......for a colourful and interesting wade through a days worth of machines........and I hate emptying the dish washer too..oO( :) )Oo. JANGA .oO( :) )Oo.Rules:
d c
14/5/13

d c
48 weeks 2 days ago
A place for questions, trial pics and chat etc.
d c
12/5/13

48 weeks 2 days ago
A place for any comments, thoughts, ideas, & trials
5/5/13

48 weeks 2 days ago
Please add any discussions, thoughts or trial shots for the Weekly IHC 201 challenge here.
5/5/13

48 weeks 4 days ago
Thanks for all the entries. Would have been nice to have more but I'd rather have quality over quantity. So, that hasn't made it easy but here we go -First - d c - a hulking piece of machinerySecond - Catweazle - the other extremeThird -  everyone else, too close to call.It was good to see such a range of imaginative shots.Over to you Danny. ====================
5/5/13

49 weeks 3 days ago
A PHOTOGRAPH OF ANYTHING YOU LIKESuch a nice day, I had to drag April screaming from her favourite sun bathing spot to judge.1st Dipper...lovely atmospheric shot....NOT mist...a HEAT haze.2nd....Mags...The cutest Tree Frog.....lovely clear picture and expression on the frogs face.
4/5/13

49 weeks 4 days ago
Todays challenge is "Lines" -Thanks everyone for entering todays challenge !!!!!!Ist Mike :Bang on challenge good composition and texture to the shot Good work2nd Gwalion Paul  Lovely leading lines great shot Well done Paul3rdI have chosen two as I cannot seperateFirst Chris
21/4/13

50 weeks 3 days ago
Your topic for this weeks post processing is a macro of a single flowerHave a good week  (Competition will be judged at 8.30 next Sunday ) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~What a beautiful set of pictures to judge ... thanks folksResults:1st .... Astutely Rill666.... Your processing of this shot took the flower from a blousy bloom to a lovely delicate flower nicely cropped.... well done Stuart
21/4/13

50 weeks 4 days ago
For any comments , thoughts, ideas, & trials
15/4/13

51 weeks 3 days ago
Here's where you put 'Mine's in' with a copy of the Post-processed image and a link back to your gallery. Good luck everyone - hope you all enjoy it. Folk have given me a difficult time in judging this week - and there were some excellent examples of post processing  - I think there are a couple of star turns.1st - Marion - A beautiful plate of food which was completely transformed by 're-laying the table' - from kitchen to dining room. Well done Mary-Ann.
Anonymous
16/4/13

51 weeks 3 days ago
hi all so sorry this is a bit late had to pop out thank u all so much for ur entries as always its fab to see them all tonights winners are 1st place....Marion....conker is such a cutie i want to rub his belly aaawwwwww congratulations fantatstic photo2nd place....Pam....congratulations really good shot pam i really like it 3rd place....everyone else thank u so much for all ur entries