You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

General Photographic Discussion

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
14/2/14

9 weeks 5 days ago
Hi folks , loaded a few shots into a photo blog from the walking with dinosaurs show me and my bro went to last year , hope you enjoy :-)
12/2/14

10 weeks 16 hours ago
Hello, I am very unhappy with my camera all of a sudden, I have take some decent shots and I am trying to venture into silhouettes, But I can not control my flash button at all, either it is defective or I am doing something wrong. I have been reading to force flash off and take a picture againt light, but I cant figure it out. I can not control hardley any settings I want to. Any body have any advice who owns this camera, or how to get a silhouette without being to complicated?? I am a little fed up with this camera already.
10/2/14

10 weeks 1 day ago
Two posts in this thread have had words turned into links to spam sites.  My posts are also turning certin random words into links to spam sites on Open Discussions. Dont click on them they could be malicious. It may be possible that it is only my computer showing this. If so let me know. I have already run a deep malicious software and trogan scan and my computer came up clean. Has anyoue else seen these links?
6/7/13

10 weeks 1 day ago
Just had one shipped from china, branded as JJC with verification sticker on front. Works perfectly. My own made one would only take shots but not prefocus which was annoying! But this one works perfectly.I paid £5.99 and took around two weeks two arrive, but now i can use my JJC intervalometer again!Search for this phrase on ebay and some will pop up;JJC Exchange Cable Adapter for FUJIFILM RR-80 JJC MA-K TM-K to RR-80A HS50EXR
9/2/14

10 weeks 1 day ago
I made a silly mistake by leaving my memory card in my laptop before going out. I realised this when I had a warning that my internal memory was full. I had planned on a 2hr minumum shooting session (it ended up as a 4hr sesion). Fortunately, I did have a spare card in my bag. Now the question is, how do I access the intenal memory, and transfer the few images to the card? I did manage this some years ago but have since forgotten. Thank you in advance. Finepix S 2800HD
11/2/14

10 weeks 2 days ago
When shooting in very low light, making the autofocus inoperable, was a big aggrivation with the  other Fuji cameras I own. Back in the days when I was shooting 35mm film cameras I could estimate and set the focus with the distance numbers on the lens barrel. There was no way to set estimated distance on the cameras I owned until I bought my X20. The X20 now has a distance scale in feet or meters when in manual focus. Distances are shown on the scale and I can choose distance I want. It also shows how much of the scene will be in focus. It's quick and easy.
9/2/14

10 weeks 2 days ago
Can anyone help, I have a FinepixS8400W,what are the best batteries to use, I am currently using duracell rechargeables, but not even getting 100 shots out of them.Many ThanksGareth
2/11/13

10 weeks 4 days ago
I am going to Weston-Super-Mare this coming friday for the weekend. It seems there is a carnival on the go (Father-in-Law's treat) I want to give my S2800 a good evening workout, lights, action, or just static buildings and the like. Any hints tips or good advice would be apreciated.
6/2/14

10 weeks 6 days ago
I just noticed that It says on my gallery I have uploaded ten out of 30 pics, do I get more after that or do I have to buy something?
6/2/14

10 weeks 6 days ago
Make sure you view it large. I hope you like it as much as I do.Click here.
3/2/14

11 weeks 22 hours ago
Hi AllJust like to thank all of you for taking the time to take a look at my latest blob  -'Christmas in a Campervan'http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/blog/389003/679818And a big thank you for all the lovely comments :)
30/1/14

11 weeks 2 days ago
Hello all i'm fairly new and love the site it's great seeing all your pictures even posting some of my own now. your pictures just make me want to try and improve and produce better shots also they give you inspiration for new idea'sJust one point all the comments seem to be positive not saying we would want to go to the kind of abuse you get on twitter or such sites, but constructive comment might be good.I for one would not be adverse on how to improve my pictures .
2/2/14

11 weeks 3 days ago
What is the prize for this month's competition? The X-T1 photo - is it there for the purpose of promotion only as the XQ1 is listed as the 1st prize.
1/2/14

11 weeks 4 days ago
Too wet to go out today so I took inspiration from a few blogs I've seen on the site recently and armed myself with a Dvd, a bowl of water and some oil.I haven't really got to grips with Macro on this camera yet so I enjoyed the challenge, and hopefully I've improved in the proccess.http://leebee2.efx3.com/
28/1/14

11 weeks 4 days ago
Have I missed it, or do we not yet know the theme for February?
31/1/14

11 weeks 5 days ago
It has just struck me.  Surely there is more than one member int the "UK - Member's Photo Challenge?" 
17/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
Have just started my latest epic - 'Christmas in a Campervan :)'Will complete tomorrowCheers Stephenhttp://www.myfinepix.co.uk/blog/389003/679818 
28/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
I've been waiting about 1 year without getting an answer to my first query, I hope I stand a better chance with this one.  I realise my questions are very basic and sorry for that, but I need to know how you import pictures from an email into the Finepix library.  My daughter has sent some lovely ones of her children but I can't print them off as a propery photo.Can someone please help - thank you
28/1/14

d c
12 weeks 1 day ago
You know it's cold when Niagara Falls becomes choked with ice.  If you've seen the falls at full bore, or even just seen photos of it in the summer, here's a link to some shots you might find interesting: http://anotherangle.eu/posts/niagara-falls-night-frozen/ Clicking on "portfolio" and then "landscapes" just might take your breath away. 
28/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
I had worked for Bucknell University as a freelance photographer on several occaisions a few years ago and just saw that one of the images I did for them was used in a Daily Beast article about college admissions in 2011. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/19/college-early-admission-is-tougher-than-ever.htmlAlways the last to find out...lol.
28/1/14

12 weeks 2 days ago
Pic shot in Thailand
28/1/14

12 weeks 2 days ago
http://thenewcamera.com/tag/fujifilm-hs50-exr/
25/1/14

12 weeks 2 days ago
Hi eveyone,Can you help?I am thinking of getting a desktop lighting kit for my Macro photos at home. Has anyone used one of these kits and are they a worthwhile investment. If so, do you have any advice on the one I'm thinking of getting or can you reccomend any others.Would welcome your advice. 
23/1/14

12 weeks 6 days ago
Can someone  confirm whether my contact button is activated please. Many thanks.Paulk
23/1/14

12 weeks 6 days ago
Hi all.  Tomorrow I'm travelling with a grup of bird watching friends, I'm taking the camera with me and I'll try my hand at bird pictures.Does any one of you have  a hs50exr, and if so, what settings should I use (including "shuting menu" and "set-up") for fast easy focusing at the far end of the zoom?.I'm also worried about noise because chances are we'll be out there at sunrise and sunset....Any help will be greatly aprecietedSebastian pons