You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

General Photographic Discussion

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
23/1/14

11 weeks 5 days ago
Hi all.  Tomorrow I'm travelling with a grup of bird watching friends, I'm taking the camera with me and I'll try my hand at bird pictures.Does any one of you have  a hs50exr, and if so, what settings should I use (including "shuting menu" and "set-up") for fast easy focusing at the far end of the zoom?.I'm also worried about noise because chances are we'll be out there at sunrise and sunset....Any help will be greatly aprecietedSebastian pons
21/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
My x-20 has a viewfinder on the top of the camera. It is non-electronic. My HSl-50 has a viewfinder on the top of the camera. It is electronic. I suppose both should be called optical viewfinders. These have electronic screens on the back of the camera that can be used for framing and taking a picture. What is the proper nomenclature for these to diferentiate betwen the two. I referred to these on the back of the camera as electronic viewfinders as opposed to optical viewfinders in a previouls post. This caused some confusion among the viewers.   
17/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
Hi I'm wanting to upgrade my PC, for post production using Photoshop. I'm used with windows so don't really want to go over to Apple. I have been looking at the Lenovo B 750 all in one system. Because it's quite new I cant find any reviews, or much information about it apart from the 'spec' Has any members had or used this PC, It looks fantastic but at £1,199 I want to review before I commit.. Thanks for any help..Jimmy
16/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
 Many DSLR users are saying mirrorless cameras are too slow for action shots because of their digital viefinder lag. Have they considered the shutter lag  (Including the time for the mirror to move out of the way to expose the sensor) for DSLR cameras? Below are some specs I found for mirror lag on the following DSLR cameras.
18/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
I am struggling to take a decent photograph of a anything with white or glare in it, which at the moment is snowdrops. They just come out as half focussed blobs? I have tried with a UV filter and a polaroid (sun wasn't in my favour when I tried the polaroid so I figured that one out), but I wondered if I was getting the white balance all wrong? I've tried looking it up, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand. I would appreciate any advice, but I also understand if it is a trade secret.  
17/1/14

11 weeks 6 days ago
 Hi Ray,I used a SLR for many years before digital and a Speed Graphic during the Korean War as a photographer while in the Marine Corps. I have never used a DSLR or even held one and ignorant of its mechanics.Do DSLRs use a focalplane or between the lens shutter?If focaplane shutter, what is the maximum shutter speed sync?Do DSLRs have an optional electronic viewfinder?While shooting burst, does the mirrior open and close for each shot, if not, does the viefinder black out or remain open? 
22/1/14

12 weeks 24 min ago
Pandora Rings Sale Luck was on my side. They decided to stroll down the street and widow shop. Feb. 19 Wells Fargo Bank was robbed by a cleanshaven man in his late 20s wearing a gray rain jacket and tan baseball hat. Cattle pigs beef pork cheese pasta some fruits and vegetables chocolate and maple syrup. There are also some nonfood items such as office furniture mattresses and some types of pandora bracelets jewelry..
22/1/14

12 weeks 24 min ago
PANDORA Homer C Long 83 Lee's Summit MO passed away January 20 2013. Visitation will be held 1011AM Thursday January 24 2013 at First Baptist Church of Lee's Summit MO. The show featured her large gold antique disc necklace which normally sells for $155 for $47. Within nine hours all 3,000 pieces were sold and the orders kept coming in. Mohamed was earlier indicted on terrorismrelated charges.
22/1/14

12 weeks 25 min ago
moncler herren winterjacke Ich hoffe nur dass es eine Nachricht hinterlassen dass man nicht um dies zu tun um Menschen zu gehen. Es spielt keine Rolle wer Sie sind zu stehlen  ist es nicht besser von jemandem große stehlen dann aber von niemandem kleinen entweder stehlen aber ich hoffe nur dass sie die Meldung erhalten dass man nicht behandeln Menschen wie dass es ist einfach falsch  sagte sie. China ist eine Weltmacht.
22/1/14

12 weeks 25 min ago
cheap fifa 14 ps3 There has to be some pressure from both Microsof fifa 14 coins ps3 andt and Sony to make them wait a few versions before bringing the PC version onto the new engine. It is pretty arrogant for EA to say "no consumer machine can handle the new engine." The same thing happened with this current generation of fifa coin and FIFA.
22/1/14

12 weeks 26 min ago
North Face Online Outlet I said "What? That is not possible." And I called Alex another cousin who was at the police station in Brixton. For a casual wedding the bride mother may select to wear a pantsuit that picks up some of the colours of the season. Guitarist Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit is 38. He carries pain in his eyes like a wellworn north face sale jacket and the character's grief is soon channeled into retribution.
21/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
La quatrième génération tout au long de wifi cellulaire innovation technologique est arrivé et ne va pas casque beat
12/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
Does anyone have information on serial numbersfor the HS50 EXR that would help identify where inthe production timeline a particular camera is? Thanks
15/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
It has been stated many times that DSLRs have faster auto focus than mirrorless cameras. Does this apply to all mirrorless cameras because of a limitation in their design or is it a blanket statement regarding all?  What are the mechanics in the camera build that limits the autofocus in mirrorless as opposed to DSLRs? I have heard this many times but I am not aware of anyone saying why.
10/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
Several upgrades have come about since the introduction of the HS-20. I still have my HS-20 since buying the HS-50. Some may consider it outdated and inferior to the later upgrades but it's still a great camera with excellent picture quality. I am waiting to find a deserving individual to give it to. Here is a shot from my HS-20.
14/1/14

12 weeks 1 day ago
Here is an interesting link to an article with the same name as the subject of this post. Is Fuji ahead of the game by not offering a DSLR in their product line and concentrating on mirrorless camera development?http://gizmodo.com/the-last-days-of-the-dslr-1465327158
14/10/12

12 weeks 1 day ago
Hey people,I have a Fujifilm Finepix HS20exr + Raynox DCR-250 macro lens. Someone told me that I shoul buy the Hoya Close-up filter set with +1, +2 and +4. This in combination with the Raynox DCR-250 to get even closer to the object.Does someone have any experience with Hoya combined with Raynox 250? I would like to know if this combination is possible and if it gives good quality. I don't use a tripod by the way.Thanks by forhand
5/9/12

12 weeks 1 day ago
Can anybody tell me how I get a 30 second shutter speed on the HS30 the manual says you can get this speed but I have only managed 8 seconds even in shutter priority. I have been trying to shoot waterfalls but the 8 seconds just isn't enough for the effect I am after. Many thanks in advance.
18/6/13

12 weeks 1 day ago
hi i have a fujifilm finepix HS25EXR and I get no battery symbol on myn screen. is there a battery idicator or is there no battery indicator on a fujifilm finepix HS25EXR. if not how do i know if my battery is emty
3/8/13

12 weeks 1 day ago
Hi all,Back from our Wonderful Holiday in Scotland me and my wife got a bit disappointedwhen we found missing Photos in our Fuji JV 300. As far as we know the Camera perfomed brilliantly during all our stay.When I uploaded Photos from camera to my Laptop I found 2 Folders. I uploadedboth folders but to our disappointment there are lots of Photos missing (about 150)Can anyone help?
30/8/13

12 weeks 1 day ago
Just noticed the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 which boasts a 60 x optical zoom - 20mm to 1200mm. Presumably this puts the image at 20mm even further away than my HS 10 does at 24mm?
25/6/13

12 weeks 1 day ago
Anyone think this is on the cards soon with perhaps the APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor used in the X100s?
19/3/12

12 weeks 6 days ago
Hi all, I have the S4500 and it has been working reasonably fine for the past few weeks however my first set if batteries have run out so i swapped them, the camera now does not want to turn on!HELP ME PLEASE!
14/1/14

13 weeks 16 hours ago
W tej skomplikowanej teraźniejszych czasach wydaje się, że wszystko, co kobiety i mężczyźni są zainteresowani w tym musi być w jakiś metodę korzystny dla ich życiorys. Znaczenie życiorys CV Pisanie CV i podkreślił edycji jest nam już od pierwszych klas w szkole podstawowej, a życiorys CV kwalifikacji pisania decydujące znaczenie, o ile chodzi o przyjęciu do renomowanej uczelni wyższej. Sprawy stają się jeszcze ważniejsze, gdyczas się do pracy i rozpocząć konkurować w de facto wyzwaniem, które jest życie pochodzi.
14/1/14

13 weeks 16 hours ago
 W tej skomplikowanej obecnych czasach wydaje się, że wszystko, co Ci są zainteresowani w tym musi być w jakiś sposób korzystny dla ich życior