LoginRegister

FinePix HS20EXR

FinePix HS20EXRMembers and their FinePix HS20EXRView now

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Settings HS20

Hi

Im pretty new to photography and I have the HS20. It is pretty slow at taking pictures and not sure if this is a setting that just needs changing or whether this is the actual camera? if its a setting can any one explain how to change it.

Thanks

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 28/03/2012 - 11:56
Comment

Hi helenandbessie, welcome to the site. Have you used a DSLR camera before? If not, the HS20 is slow compared to what? The HS20 is almost similar to a DSLR, so it is best to learn how to operate a camera with full manual controls. You can start by studying the PDF Owner's Manual (in the CD)  and learn how to attain proper exposure using different settings. Check out this site and click TUTORIALS tab: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/. Hope to see some nice photos in your gallery soon. Tex

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 28/03/2012 - 12:29
Comment

Hi and welcome to MyFuji land.

If you could upload a few images to your gallery and explain what it is you are not happy about,

you'll receive specific feedback about each shot.

Brian

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 27/04/2012 - 19:42
Comment

To every other camera I've had, my HS20 is blisteringly fast. But to SLR's (film & Digital) it can seem slow. Ask to use a few of your freinds point & shoot models, then you'll see how fast it is. If it is slow, then you're probably waiting for it to restart from either playback, sleep mode or switched off. To speed it up, press the shutter straight away (don't wait for the screen to ready itself) and you'll see it speed up a lot.

See you at www.point-n-shoot.co.uk

Callancool

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 28/04/2012 - 10:17
Comment

micjac

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 29/04/2012 - 09:38
Comment

Could it be your memory card? Some are faster than others, as in they take a while to be written to and the software in the camera has to 'wait' before it is able and ready to capture another image.

Another reason could be that you have it set to continuos auto focus, therefore the camera is constantly trying to focus, which in turn is a drain on the batteries, set this to single auto focus (unless you are trying to capture a moving subject)  this way it will only come into play when you have composed your shot and partly depressed the shutter button. 

The last suggestion would be the batteries, are they up to scratch and fully charged.

Viv

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 29/04/2012 - 09:48
Comment

As said above, batteries are important. Normal AA batteries will start to go after half a dozen shots so it'll take longer and longer before you can take your next shot.

Rechargables are a must. Get 2 sets of quality batteries if you can afford it.

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 29/04/2012 - 16:20
Comment

I think I know what you mean, theres certain settings on the Hs20 that make it seem longer, have you half-pressed the shoot button? It takes a bit longer if you click it without focusing first, so try to get your focus and then shoot, it shoots instantly that way Smile