You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

Taking Pictures

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
Anonymous
12/1/12

2 years 13 weeks ago
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone :) I noticed there are lots of new HS20 owners so I thought I would share this link to my video footage test: http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/blog/651939/380551  RegardsDean
6/1/12

2 years 13 weeks ago
Hello please can someone tell me what setting to use to get shots of birds.  The focus is not great even using a tripod.  I see that you can't change the focus manually and I only have 2 settings.  Using the S4000thanks
10/1/12

2 years 13 weeks ago
I have a finepix S3300 and I wondering which camera would be better for doing like night pictures, because when I tried taking a picture of a really cool moon it didnt show very well...?  :) thanks 
8/1/12

2 years 13 weeks ago
Hi, new owner with problems, please advise me. I used the camera in a well lit room to photograph a couple against a pale backgound. Used party mode and flash at approx 4 feet and image very good in display. Printed out at Asda but image dark like no flash used. Re printed with same result. Any ideas? am I using the correct settings?
Anonymous
9/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
Here is the article link: http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/article/651939/400814 RegardsDean
8/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
My brother is in a local athlectics squad and i am going down to take some photos and i just wanted some tips on how to take good photos. i have got the SRauto and SR mode on my camera and i have masterd them and on most of my photos I am using the apature mode so any tips would be apreatued.Thanks,JoeP.S. please could you check out my gallary (the link is to my fav photo) and comment because i think my photos are good (well some) but i would like a second opinion thanks.
6/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
Hi I got a bit of a problem here,, I know how to set the white balance on the HS10 with a 18% gray card.. some cameras have a dedicated 'flash' setting when choosing to set the white balance. But the HS10 has not, So when you use an external flash how do you set the white balance.
7/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
I recently got the Fuijifilm S3380. I love it so far and accidentally focused and blurred the background. I'm wondering how I can continue to do that when taking photos of people, animals and other objects of my choice. I alwyas manage to do it on accident. Help?
6/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
Thankyou for the kind comment on my entry. You might be interested to know the exif data - which should give you further pause for thought! This was a basic 1536x2048 (3.1MB) shot, compressed to a 794kB jpeg, cropped to 1210x1210 pixels, ISO 200, f10, 1/1200th second. So you can see it started from not a lot of pixels!
5/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
Can anyone advise me on a suitable telephoto-converter lens for my camera.  I want to take photographs of birds and my current (Fixed lens) is not strong enough.Are those sold in the States/Japan at between £20 - £40 for X2 - X3 worth the money and would they work.  I just want the photograph to be good enough to log the picture in a wildlife site as proof of sighting in my garden.  Maximum range 40m.Thank you in anticipation.Peter 
4/1/12

2 years 14 weeks ago
Heya im new and just gettin used to my camera. I've been told that I should be able to take 2 photos and put one of them in the other. how is this possible? I hav a FinePix S2950.Thanks :) 
31/12/11

2 years 14 weeks ago
My new camera was working well but now when I turn it on there is no picture...it's a black screen with the red white camera sign in the top left corner and has a LN under how many images I can take in total in the top right hand corner.  The 'L' is in a white box.  If I take a picture (which it allows me to do) - it flashes but then I go to view what I've taken and the image is black too.  It's like the shutter isn't open but it is!  What have I done?  Hope it's treatable?  I can view old photos I've taken :-(
29/12/11

2 years 14 weeks ago
OK here goes, went to a local nature reserve today, took about 50 shots and .............guess what? not one keeper...Granted it was a very dark and dull day but I would have hoped for better!!The main concern I have is with the focusing... the shot i'm putting up was focused in manual but I just couldn't seem to get a sharp crisp result... it was max zoom x30, 720mm from about 100 yds, 1/50. f5.6 iso 400, on a tripod, with remote release switch.Am I expecting too much? or is this the best the hs20 could deliver given the circumstances!
26/12/11

2 years 14 weeks ago
hey guys i just got a finepix s3300 for christmas, ive never done photography or anything but wanted to try it for a long time any tips for a begginer?thanks
29/12/11

2 years 15 weeks ago
People keep telling me about  the sensor on my camera. What is this referring too? I'm confused.. If you could kind of dumb it down for me a little bit so I can understand the concept, that'd be awesome. :)Please HELP!!
27/12/11

2 years 15 weeks ago
So, i just got a new Fujifilm Finepix s2950 and I have been trying to figure out ways to take better pictures of my pets, they always seem to move a little bit when I take the picture and it turns out blurry. Does anyone know the best settings on this camera to take good shots of my pets?
25/12/11

2 years 16 weeks ago
Hi if anyone can help me on how to focus on an image and blur the background that would be a great help. I tried using 1/1000th shutter speed and f3.1 aperture but the picture comes out completely black?? Yet i read that this was how to do it...
24/12/11

2 years 16 weeks ago
I am new at pro photography, can i get some hints, or help to photograph people? 
21/12/11

2 years 16 weeks ago
My photo that was on the scroller with 22 "Likes" is now showing 0 "likes". Where did they go?
2/12/11

2 years 16 weeks ago
Inspired by Jessicaa's 'Christmas is coming' blog I mused that it would be a challenge to provide photographs that illustrated the 'Twelve Days of Christmas'. Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree, etc.So I am going to stick my neck out and start a thread inviting photographs to illustrate the the 'Twelve Days of Christmas'. Now, all those 'Maids a milking' and 'Lords a leaping' is going to be difficult so photo manipulations is allowed, but original photos would be nice.  I would suggest a time limit of 12:00 Midnight on Sunday 18 December.
14/12/11

2 years 17 weeks ago
 apparently Fujifilm is considered as a possible buyer of OlympusRead more on PhotoRumors.com: http://photorumors.com/#ixzz1gXio5f4K
16/12/11

2 years 17 weeks ago
Having problems with taking photographs of birds in flight all my efforts to date produce nothing but blurs any help would be mos appreciated. My camera is a Finepix s4000. Thanks
12/12/11

2 years 17 weeks ago
Now, I is back innit an I is not lookin to be goin away again yeah but dat might not be dat tru blud you get?I bin away an it aint dat nice yeah but I is now uttin sum heavy photos down on me ting yeah an yous need to flip over dere and peruse yeahhttp://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/637742/385952http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/637742/385954
14/12/11

2 years 17 weeks ago
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before but will ask again.i have a s3300 with the kiwifotos 72mm adapter, cpl and uv filters.I like to photo the moon and macro photography of flowers, insects and the likes and have came across this set on eBay, it's not very expensive and as I am new to photography and mostly learning new techniques would like to know if it would be worth the expense or if it's junk?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-72MM-WIDE-ANGLE-TELEPHOTO-LENS-CANON-50D-72-MM-/320717549923?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aac417163#ht_5542wt_1039
13/12/11

2 years 17 weeks ago
Hi,I was trying to take a family picture- with my FujiFinePix HS10- capturing the sunset background but the colors of the sun were bleached out. I used the auto setting, both with flash and without. I also tried to take a picture of the sunset without anyone but could not get the sunset colors. Would anyone know why this happened?