You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Widen the photographic debate in open discussions or visit your local forum for a general chat!

Share your views and knowledge with other members either locally or globally.

UK Chat

Title
Author
Created
Replies
Latest reply from
9/4/14

4 days 4 hours ago
A major security flaw that affects up to 60% of all websites in including Google, Amazon, Yahoo, Dropbox and many others Has been discovered. It's a flaw in the OpenSSL which is the key encryption technology that 2/3's of websites use to protect data including sensitive personal and financial data stored on servers. The Heartbleed bug has exploited this flaw. Many websites have already issued fixes and users are advised to change their passwords. It is unclear how widely this flaw has been exploited. 
10/4/14

4 days 16 hours ago
Hello Everyone.Now that Ian Allington has confirmed his shifts, we will go with those dates I suggested.  ie.  22/23/24 Aug.  I have put this in the UK chat section so that most will see it.  Follow-ups will be in the UK Group Meets section of the Forums.If you can, I suggest you book your accommodation ASAP as it will be a Bank Holiday Weekend.  Mind you, around here, April till September is busy anyway.  When we know where folk are staying,  we can see about an evening meal together on the Saturday night.
12/4/14

4 days 16 hours ago
Seen at Batsford arboretum in the Cotswolds. It is about 5' up a tree and quite large.
12/4/14

4 days 23 hours ago
Firstly thanks for the coments and likes on my picture. Im glad you find it likeable :) its certainly very eyecatching scene when passing by on motorway.I did get rid of pylon and electricity cables on the left side bottom corner - it was quite a lot of it all there and it makes the picture cluttered. though i guess it maybe is possible to get all the angles right so there is no need to 'paintshop' the pylon out. it remains to be seen.Secondly. As Andrew already mentioned - we got chased away so all we got was the snaps while we were aproaching the 'heads'.
11/4/14

5 days 2 hours ago
With The Easter Weekend fast approaching do you think we should  "Egg"  Fred on for some results of the last competition......   :smile:
9/4/14

5 days 17 hours ago
A Bald Eagle’s bath time. http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/blog/77182/699548
31/3/14

5 days 20 hours ago
I say challenge because this is most probably what it will be for those with point and shoot or bridge cameras, did a quick check through my library of images and found a few with what I (and Wikipedia) would define as Bokeh (all DSLR shots but nothing suitable for the competition), couldn't really find anything amongst the shots taken with previous point and shoot and bridge cameras! 
11/4/14

5 days 21 hours ago
When the background becomes the subject...is it still bokeh? 8)
11/4/14

5 days 22 hours ago
On first glance this poor chap has but one wing but I assure you, he does in fact have the required regulatory two, general issue and for the use of.
11/4/14

6 days 1 hour ago
Saw this on my walk home from town today.He was a long way up.Watching the birds. I waited a while to see if he'd pounce, but no luck. Would likely have got a good shot of gravity in action!K :-)
11/4/14

6 days 4 hours ago
I hope that this post is not in contravention of  FinePix rules/regulations.If you have one of the above mentioned cameras, then I might have some fairly good news for you. I have the following two Guide books for the EOS 550D.1. Canon Rebel T2i/EOS 550D, Expanded Guide, by Andy Stansfield, priced new at £14.99.2. Snapshots to Great Shots, by Jeff Revell, priced new at £14.99 also.
10/4/14

6 days 22 hours ago
I had to take this. My bunny wants to be cooked. BBQ rabbit sounds nice to eat lol
9/4/14

6 days 23 hours ago
So you think you know your birds do you. Take a look at this picture.Just an ordinary Parrot at first glance. Try looking again and you will see different!Very cleverly done wouldnt you say.Name that bird!   
8/4/14

6 days 23 hours ago
... from September. I attended school from after the war up to the early/mid fifties. I seem to recall that all schools provided a free 1/3rd bottle of milk to all children and free school meals, to those whose financial circumstances warranted it.I was among the free dinner children. The paid 'dinners' went in first and the free 'dinners' only after the paid 'dinners' had left the dining hall. How's that for discrimination?
9/4/14

1 week 17 hours ago
Hi, Does anyone know how to link their Flickr images to the finepix forums.I used to be able to do this with the old Flickr format but since they have changed their layout I cannot fathom out how to achieve a linked image.Andy.
7/4/14

1 week 21 hours ago
Hi Steve Happy Birthday have a great day and many more best wishes fronm us both.BoB & Pauline
9/4/14

1 week 21 hours ago
Severiano Ballesteros Sota would have been 57 years old today.  My all time favourite golfer.  I loveone of his quotes.... " I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back and wish them luck, but I am thinking 'I am going to bury you'"Here he is after winning the 1984 Open at St. Andrews...  his iconic pose - now the logo for the Seve Ballesteros Foundation [for brain cancer]and this is how I remember seeing him at Valderrama in 1997.....
9/4/14

1 week 21 hours ago
http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/699429Just entered the current comp but had to check out what BOKEH meant first.I learnt something new today.
8/4/14

1 week 23 hours ago
A chinese porcelain bowl, made in the 15th century, has just sold at Sotherbys for £250,000,000. Size? About 7cms diameter. Bought by the Chinese and of the 16 left in existence it will be the only one in China.
8/4/14

1 week 1 day ago
Happy Birthday John.  I wish you all the very best.  With Margaret looking after you, you can't go wrong.  :smile:
9/4/14

1 week 1 day ago
Hi all,I have entered the Bokeh comp with a shot of Viv doing what she does best haha...Hoping her hand brings me some luck in this one :)Would be great if you could check it out, even just for a smidge of curiosity hehe...http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/699259
8/4/14

1 week 1 day ago
 ...............~the final day of support (UK) ? 
8/4/14

1 week 1 day ago
Let's say a guy named Fred is attracted to a woman named Martha. He asks her out to a movie; she accepts; they have a pretty good time. A few nights later he asks her out to dinner, and again they enjoy themselves. They continue to see each other regularly, and after a while neither one of them is seeing anybody else. And then, one evening when they're driving home, a thought occurs to Martha, and, without really thinking, she says it aloud: "Do you realize that, as of tonight, we've been seeing each other for exactly six months?"
8/4/14

1 week 1 day ago
Hello.After a lot of thought and reading the Bokeh thread........I have changed my entry.  Thanks very much to those who commented.  :smile:http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/699168
8/4/14

1 week 2 days ago
http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/296/699073