You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Bird or Boots?.....thanks George!

Oh dear. First comment in and George has put me in a dilemma regarding my competition entry. So.........will it be bird or boots?

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/260898

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 10:14
Comment

Hi Angela

I'd stick with your bird,  what has a chemist got to do with the theme!!!! hehe..It's up to you.  Loads of time to change your mind if you wish.

XXX

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 10:22
Comment

Sorry - I put the comment that should be here on your entry! There must be lots of different cormorants (the one I showed is actually a flightless one from the Galapagos), but all the ones I have seen have been basically black - but do have that wonderful iridescent sheen if the light is right.

George

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 10:41
Comment

I tried to add this picture of two weary fisherbirds from Guilin as an edit to the above, but it didn't work?

George

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 10:54
Comment

George.....this is something that I would love to photograph. I think I have been inspired by the HSBC advert! I have read that these birds are looked after well by their owners as obviously they are their livelihood (hoping this is correct), however, have also read that they tie string around the birds throats to stop them swallowing the fish. Don't know if this is true.

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 11:00
Comment

I love the colours in the original photo but have taken them down a notch or two in PS. Not sure what to do. Decisions decisions.......I only have 29 days to make my mind up! Wink

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 11:14
Comment

The birds in Guilin do have a band round their necks when fishing, as otherwise they WOULD just swallow the fish! They are normally operated in pairs on a stick, as in this picture of a junior tourist!

George

Reply to comment

Date Fri, 01/04/2011 - 11:17
Comment

I hope they are given a big fat juicy fish at the end of all that fishing and posing!