You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

North Wales Meet - 16th October

Earlier in the year I put forward an idea to have a meet in North Wales, probably in August. I'm going to try and firm that up now, if there's enough interest.

I'm suggesting a visit to Caernarfon and the castle on the 6th or 7th of August. It would just be for the day and possibly an early evening meal

Of course if anyone would like to suggest an alternative location/date it can be considered.

Mike  

Update 13 AUG: The date for this has been confirmed as 16th October. My suggested program is as follows. Meet at Menai Bridge (10:00 am) on Anglesey and spend some time photographing both bridges. After lunch move onto Caernarfon (8 miles away) where there are photo opportunites with the castle, around the town and the harbour area. The castle is open if anyone wants to visit (there is an entrance fee). As we're really into winter we will not have a lot of daylight time to play with but hopefully we can get some night photography around the castle. Wherever we go I'll try and do some HDR work and explain the process if anyone is interested. Finally, have an evening meal together. If the weather is inclement I suggest visiting Pili Palas, which amongst other things is a butterfly reserve. 

Now of course you don't have to stick to the suggested program, if you want to go off and do your own thing no one is going to object....

Mike

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 13/10/2011 - 18:34
Comment

Hi Nigel

I will be at the 10-Pin Bowling Alley in Llandudno at 1830 until 1930.  After that,  booked a chinese meal in Colwyn Bay for 2000hrs.  See ya Sunday though 1030hrs sharp.

See ya then then.

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 13/10/2011 - 18:39
Comment

off to bowling ally at 6 to get a free beer off steve then lol

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 15:24
Comment

Just bumped this up as folk had started posting on Jim Miller's post.  So as not to cause confusion, brought this one back to the top.

Cheers.  A cracking cloudless sky here today, long may it last.

PS: Nigel, we get to the bowling about 20past.  See ya there then.  You will be bowled over!!!

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 15:38
Comment

The day arrives!!  Wish I could join you all ! - have a great time!!

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 15:38
Comment

Have a good time tomorrow everyone - I hope the good weather holds for you.

RAW  tutorial http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/article/83/146826

Processing Photos tutorial http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/article/83/147565

Be what you are, say what you feel, 'cos those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 15:41
Comment

Ah thanks Angie and Paul.  You know us, when together we behave and do try to have a great time.

Thanks again.

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 16:50
Comment

Sorry Steve, I didn't want to p*ss on your chips (lol), just wanted to wish you all a good time.

Jim

'Bokeh' Competition entry:- http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/697372

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 17:05
Comment

Have a wonderful time everyone, really wish we could be there.

Steve - don't forget a notebook to "write that down!" Smile

Will be with you all in spirit Smile

Jacqui xx

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 17:09
Comment

I know you'll all have have a wonderful time tomorrow. Sorry I can't be there, I have run out of holiday time and we are also in the middle of moving house.

Looking forward to the blogs. 

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 18:56
Comment

Hope you all have a great time.

Reply to comment

Date Sat, 15/10/2011 - 23:19
Comment

Hiyah Jim.  I know that M8y,  just with your post title being similar,  I did not want any confusion so near to the date.  Thanks again you lot for your good wishes, cross fingers that the weather will have cleared.  It's just started raining here!!!!  Bugga.  Hope it's gone by 1030 today.

Cheers

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 08:02
Comment

Well it poured with rain here through the night but now apart from cloud over Mount Snowdon, things are looking good.  Nipping to pick Glynis up in 45 mins,  Jan rang last night to confirm his arrival time, that is if his new Sat Nav does not let him down!!!

Batteries charged,  tripod and remote in the Van all ready,  time for another coffee before we hit the road.  Cross your fingers for us.

No doubt we will all be reporting back later tonight.

Cheers

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 08:26
Comment

Have a good day today and behave yourselves. Take lots of incriminating piccies for us left back at home Big smile

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 09:42
Comment

Have a really great day all, and behave!!!  

On second thoughts.......dont behave hehehe 

Looking forward to those blogs xxx

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 17:40
Comment

Ohhh i wonder how they are all getting on???  Bet they are having a blast!

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 22:36
Comment

Hello

Just come in after dropping Glynis off.  What a fantastic day we had.  Firstly though, I am rather concerned about Jan.  He did not turn up, we have been texting and emailing all day and not a peep.  I am rather concerned as it does not sound like him at all and I just wonder what has happened to him.  Jan I hope you are OK and of course,  you can ring me anytime.

Secondly,  we had an abosolutley fantastic time.  We met at the prescribed time,  spent some time in Menai Bridge and then shot off to Caernarfon to finish the day.  Well we had just arrived at the Castle Car Park,  I suggested that Mike bought us all an Ice Cream,  honest it was a warm sunny day.  We were just starting to eat our Ice Creams when I saw Glynis Giggling with someone,  I said to Nigel,  "typical, just got here and already chatting someone up"   You will never guess who it was....Alison Bruce Stone and hubby Geoff!!!   You could have knocked me down with a feather!!!  Anyway needless to say,  it was not long before we were all chatting,  laughing and like York...Five minutes later,  it was like we had all known each other for years.

I will leave any further reports from other in here or blog form.  I would just like to thank Mike for getting it all together, thank whoever is responsible for the fantastic weather and heart felt thanks to Glynis, Alison and Geoff,  Nigel and partner for making what for for me,  was another memorable day through a Fuji meet.

Blogs I am sure will follow.  Going to kip now, shattered!!! Lol

Night night. XXX

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 23:32
Comment

Sounds like you all had fun and with a great crowd.

Hope Jan is ok.

I just got in from a night shoot, my final one, in Nottingham city centre.  Eight of my fellow Nottingham Flickrers turned up and we had a three hour wander around our fair city before hitting a pub to finish our night.

Bokeh

Reply to comment

Date Sun, 16/10/2011 - 23:41
Comment

Hello Guy

Cheers for your good wishes Buddy. Sounds like a great meet too.   Just popped in to say,  Jan got in touch  (at last)  personal reasons I won't go into here  (justified in my view).  Just relieved he is OK.  Thanks Jan M8 if you read this.  No problems whatsoever,  priorities take over at all times and we ALL  (I think)  would agree to that.  You do what you can.  Thinking of you M8y.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 06:48
Comment

Sooooooooo looking forward to blogs and photos, the day had to be successful with such  a great bunch of  people brought together by their love of photography! (and myFinepix)

one day...................just maybe...................I will make to to a meet Smile

xx

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 09:17
Comment

Just to explain a little about my no show yesterday. A family health emrgency arose during the night. As a result I have now been awake for just over thirty hours. Sorry to have let you all down. I have told Steve a little more of the details as i don't really wish to post any of them here. I hope that I shall be invited to future meetings as I was so looking forward to this one as I have never done anything like this before. I was hoping to learn from everyone else.

I may be absent from the site for a short while as I have more pressing things to attend to, like trying to catch up on some lost sleep. Kind regards, Jan.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 09:41
Comment

Jan, take things easy. 

Best Wishes from myself and I am sure all the Fuji family.

Jen xx

I wish I was a Glow Worm, a Glow Worm's never glum, 'cause how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/688492

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 09:55
Comment

Jan, im sure no one will be expecting any apologises, family comes first and they are a great bunch who will be only concerned that all is well with you.  I hope everything goes ok. As Jen said, best wishes and take care xxx

As for the rest of you lot......i wanna see piccys of what you lot got up to!!!!  So glad you all had a good day and how lovely that Alison and her hubby turned up too.  These meets are fun and i do hope to get on another one in the future.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 10:46
Comment

Sounds like you all had a fab day......get a wriggle on with the blogs and piccies Wink

Jan - like Rosie says, I'm sure no apology necessary, just as long as you and yours are ok. There'll always be another Fuji meet, I'm sure. Best wishes to you xx

Give a stranger one of your smiles, it might be the only sunshine he see's all day.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 11:33
Comment

Jan, nothing we need to know.  We were just worried that you were ok.

Good to hear from you.  Hope you get over your recent problems soon.

Good wishes to you all.

G.

Bokeh

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 13:16
Comment

Jan so good to hear that you are ok and we fully understand if you are not around for a while - hope everything is ok with you and your family xx

Steve thanks for updating everyone on our great day and for ferrying me around xxxx the weather was smashing and what a great surprise when Alison and Geoff arrived! thanks to Nigel for his light gizmo and big thanks to Mike for arranging the day and giving Steve and I a master class on HDR!!

I'm sure there will be plenty of blogs to follow - just got to sort out the best shots from 300 that I took on the Day!!

Again HUGE thanks to everyone for a brilliant day

Love Glynis xxxxx

gallery http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/62093 ;

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitedove7/

still checking on you all every now and again !!!

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 13:55
Comment

Hi there. Glad you are okay Jan.  Geoff and myself are still in Caernarfon.(In the Hotel pub still drinking cider with bacon wraps) The weather is grey, rainy, cloudy and cold. We had another walk around the outside of the castle walls. Thank you to you all for a fabulous Fuji meet. My photoblog will be done soon. We travel home later tonight. Thanks again. What fun we had.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 19:22
Comment

Glad you all had a great (I knew it wouldn't be anything but great) day.

Fuji meets are fantastic fun with fabulous peole, I will be on the next one.

Jan, hope to see you on the next one, don't wait for an invite.

Monty.

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 19:34
Comment

Glad you guys had a great time, I knew you would ! Sorry to hear that Jan couldn't make it. I hope things sort themselves out soon Jan.

Looking forward to some great photos.

Jim

'Bokeh' Competition entry:- http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/697372

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 19:37
Comment

We wanna see piccys!!  Pleesey weesey xxx

Reply to comment

Date Mon, 17/10/2011 - 19:53
Comment

Glad you all had a lovely day (knew you would!!). Very glad you're ok Jan. and hope things soon get sorted out for you. Will try to get to the next one, if at all possible.

Looking forward to the blogs Smile

Jacqui x