You are not logged in

LoginRegister

FinePix X100

Twitter

Follow

MFP Facebook

FujiShop

Fujifilm digital cameras, accessories, memory cards all sold direct from Fujifilm UK

Get involved!

Where is the fairness? Please read with an open mind.!

I just realised, minutes ago,  that someone is operating an account with Flickr under the name of Huang Poh Lo. Unknowingly, even Jane D has Favorited an image. Images have been copied from my account, all data changed ( eg.taken with a nikon camera with exif details) and slanted titles to make a fool out of me.

I have, previously  written to FinePix about multiple identities , about supposedly fake emails, about abuse, and not a single reply nor acknowledgement. People get away with such abuse, and because it is not checked, it has been taken to a higher level.

Look at the caption below  by DianeMichelleCock at the forum

DianeMichelleCockDate Tue, 31/01/2012 - 15:57Comment

If any image is altered or cropped, the exif data will disappear.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74712820@N04/6726760513/meta/in/photostream

It is rather sad that people would stoop so low to pin another down. As for me, there is no turning back now. Angus McOatup, Inspector Pitcher, Pineapple Joe, Robin in Da Hood, DianeMichelleCock or A.N.Other, the only place for you is in the lunatic asylum. But before that, I will put you behind bars and that's a promise. I have told you before that you are gutless, shameless and venomous.You will pay for such criminal offence. 

I just ask in all fairness,  how would any one of you feel if this were to happen to you? This is a site for photography, for amusement, for friendship, for growth and sharing. Where is the level playing ground? Every time I put up a decent image, these maggots seem to appear.

P.S. This came in on 20.1.2012 via hotmail.We are endeavouring to improve the security on the Myfinepix web site and prevent the use of multiple accounts. Would you please assist us by confirming your password?Thank you.
Fred Finepix

0 people like this.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:15
Comment

So who is MATS HAMNAS then ???

Oh!! yes the 62 year old guy from Helsingborg, Sweden who photographs cats.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72386756@N00/

April Competition Entry www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/697230

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:14
Comment

Yuck....I have a D700 and the image quality is much better than that.  I think Nikon would be annoyed too!

Someone clearly "faked" the EXIF which can be done by layering an image from one camera with the EXIF stripped over an image from another camera EXIF intact and reducing the opacity of the other camera's image to "0" and then flattening it. I am not sure of the exact process but that is my general understanding of it.

Also if that was shot at f/1.8 with the 50mm lens on the D700 it would have a DOF more like this:

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:27
Comment

That is really sad and I too would not only be annoyed but very, very upset.

When will this vendetta against Mr Polo stop; no sooner does he post an image or a thread then he pounced upon and ridiculed! It is indeed getting beyond a joke.  This person has even faved one of my images, which I was unaware till I looked at 'his/her' profile. In fact a few of 'us' on here have been faved, which only really makes it worse.

I hope you have reported this to Flickr too Huang, because as you say it's now getting beyond a joke; not only is it illegal but spiteful too. 

I do hope you get it sorted and soon. You do have a genuine profile on Flickr tho, don't you.

A very sadened

Viv

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:29
Comment

Clearly a Finepix link as their are 7 faved images all MyFinePix members

Jacqueline Ross

Shaun>D

Wivvy

MicDevlin

Jane Deforges

Stephen Ransome

Jack Hood

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72386756@N00/

April Competition Entry www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/697230

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:33
Comment

Well Mats Hamnas has a D700 and is on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matsomuffi/

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:43
Comment

So rather than feeding the troll. Why not say nothing, and simply contact flickr to get the account closed Wink

As much as I don't agree with all the nasty stuff recently, you really are not helping yourself by reacting so publicly Wink

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:49
Comment

PS....editing an image or cropping an image doesn't necessarily remove EXIF data.

This Fuji image was cropped to square and it still has intact EXIF:

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/259473/180866

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:50
Comment

Shouting only serves to attract attention.   Wanted or unwanted!

Bokeh

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:54
Comment

You don't even need to shout to attract attention, as has been proven many times.............

ps @ Laurie, see my post on another of these threads, I stacked four photos, cropped and cloned and the exif data still shows on this site.............

Circles     Fly     Greylag

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 17:58
Comment

I know Seaton.  I have done work in layers in photoshop too and the EXIF still appears.  Exif can also be altered and stripped as well as faked.  I "think" the Exif from the background image is the one that is retained, but I am not sure.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:10
Comment

some people have no life of their own so need to feed off others. take no notice.

re EXIF - -you can edit it all, camera make, model, settings etc, directly in the data boxes with many editing programs, PSP included. No need to faff about with layers. 

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:18
Comment

Exif is only lost, if the method of saving the finished image, is set to drop/strip the exif. It is the base image exif that is retained in all other cases Wink

But all this thread does is bring more attention to an issue that has nothing to do with this site anyway. Yeah it's clearly being done as a wind-up based on what goes on here. BUT, flickr is a different site, and the issues should be addressed there Wink

In answer to your Emails a few mins ago Huang, just take it up with flickr http://www.flickr.com/help/with/abuse/ .

We had enough cross site problems with the likes of GBS, without there being a whole lot more starting, which will drive even more people round the bend Wink

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:23
Comment

Torres that may be true but the Fuji software doesn't always pick it up if you change it.  I just did a test and it only picked up the camera make not the other details.

EDIT...I also have older versions of LR and PS (CS2) and I cannot change EXIF or at least do not know how in those programs without layering one image with without EXIF over another with EXIF.  LR picked up the changed EXIF but the Fuji site only picked up the camera model.

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/gallery/259473/416475

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:49
Comment

hi Laurie Smile

Ive never actually tried to 'fool' Fuji like you have - LOL.

I might though, just for the devil of it Smile

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:55
Comment

I'm not good at it obviously since it didn't pick up the shutter speed and aperture and ISO settings though...lol  Must have done something wrong because the settings show in my lightroom viewer. 

Somehow Ray got the fuji site to show Nikon D300 Exif for a Fuji image, and have it show in the gallery...Fuji never reads and displays my Nikon Exif...lol

As Ray says...Exif can lie.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 18:57
Comment

I agree with Viv - this is now getting beyond a joke. It would seem that Huang Poh Lo is unable to proceed on this site without an enormus amount of animosity. He is subjected to abuse at every turn and this is not how the rest of us are treated. And I think that folk who say ignore it are not aware of how bad it has become. You can ignore stupidity and even some more malicious comments but no-one ought to be subjected to the  sort of battering that Huang gets everytime he posts a comment or a photo. Whatever the hang-ups that some people have, I think it is time that individuals concerns were put aside and Huang was allowed to conduct himself as the rest of us are - a normal member of the Finepix site. A lot of the comments are aggressive and uncalled for. Bite your tongues folk, whatever your thoughts keep 'em to yourself and let the rest of us enjoy our photography.

And Dean - if DianeMichelleCock is your new name since you had a sex change operation then delete Dean. If it has nothing to do with you then report it to Fuji!

RAW  tutorial http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/article/83/146826

Processing Photos tutorial http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/article/83/147565

Be what you are, say what you feel, 'cos those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 19:01
Comment

I doubt that Diane is Dean's alter ego since Diane it seems to me took some shots at Dean...unless Dean is self loathing.  Maybe people are trolling themselves for sympathy and attention?  Sort of a Munchhausen by web proxy syndrome...These days nothing would surprise me.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 19:19
Comment

Laurie - you actually think there are two people with DeanMichaelCook and DianeMichelleCock as their names and they both arrive on MyFinepix!!!????

Be what you are, say what you feel, 'cos those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 19:33
Comment

I think someone made up the name Diane as a dig at Dean.  I don't know about there but here the word "C0ck" is usually used as a derogatory insult and is a reference to a certain part of the male anatomy...as in calling someone a c0ck sucker.

I guess Fuji picks it up as a bad word too.

PS...Dean has come under attack a time or two himself as I recall so someone making up a name like that to have a go at Dean wouldn't surprise me at all.  Childish games.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 19:33
Comment

Just let it be..

Change your name Polo and kep a low profile. Don't keep drawing attention to yourself.

I'm getting more and more peed off with this nonsense on a grown up site.

None of us are going to become the greatest photographer in the world, we just like what we do and enjoy a laugh as well.

Take your petty squabbles elsewhere.

Monty.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 19:47
Comment

Laurie - that's what I said - if it's him delete one or other - if it's not then report it to Fuji.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 20:34
Comment

I thought you were thinking that Dean made both of them up. 

I haven't looked lately but "Diane" has also made what look to be legit posts and had images in the gallery so I am not sure how he could have her deleted even if "she" is a troll. All he can do is report offensive comments and the like which he may have done.

As I've said I've been on the receiving end of some nasty trolling before but I've never reported anyone for trolling me, I just let it go and move on.  They eventually stop.  Sometimes they will pop up now and again to try and get to me but I figure they are trying to evoke an angry public response from me and I won't give them the satisfaction.

Reply to comment

Date Wed, 01/02/2012 - 22:42
Comment

The thing with HPL is that the abuse is so public. No matter what the post, he is nipped at, poked at, sniped at, more so than anyone else has ever been on here as long as I've been a member.

When he first came on he was nothing but polite and pleasant but this constant bullying, and it's nothing short of bullying, has made him very angry and, in return he has vented this anger, which has been like a placid dog (and that's not meant to be derogative) who has reached the end of their tether and is biting and snapping back. For me, this hasn't been nice to witness, that someone has been driven to this.

Be it in the playground or workplace or a site like this, if someone is being bullied is it right that we just say, go away, don't make it public, ignore them and they'll go away etc etc?

That's how I see it, and what I see I don't like. 

Viv

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 00:04
Comment

Viv...you have probably never seen some of the nasty comments I'd gotten on my images and I won't even go into some of the nasty messages sent through my contact button, as well as through my website email and that is because when I got nasty personal attacks through comments on images I reported them, the really nasty ones at least and I ignored the messages or handled them privately instead of bringing it here and yes this happened to me when I first came here too, and happened as recently as last month.

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 00:21
Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that Laurie; there is never any excuse for that sort of behaviour.  I'm so pleased you never let it put you off or drive you away; you are a valued member here and don't deserve to be treated like that. No one does.

Viv

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 00:22
Comment

Hi Huang Poh Lo, you should ask flickr to delete the fake account, if they refuse issue them a DCMA notice. As for bullies & trolls, they are the lowest of the low and difficult as it is they are best ignored as they thrive on reaction and attention, hard as it is just ignore them and they will sink back down into the mud.

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 02:09
Comment

Thanks Viv...I've grown a thick skin but I've always been pretty resilient and I don't scare away that easily.  There are far too many good people here to let the ones who have been nasty me get me down. Smile

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 06:34
Comment

All I am saying is that there must be some form of fairness. In all my cases, its only an image issue but it gets blown out of proportion. This has been from day one.I must admit I am new to photography and into my 5th month only, and I pick things along the way. I first heard about "exif" or "meta" data in a forum here about a month ago, when a senior, respectable gentleman, said that any alteration, for example,  " cropping" would remove all data. No one made any hue and cry about this statement. I assumed that was right and I used this information to validate my image, in my innocence. What an explosion! Because it came from HPL, the focus had to be shifted.

To some of you, be fair..that's all!! Don't have one  standard for me and another standard for others! The same situation could befall you and seriously  how would one feel? It's easy to say," walk away from it, press the ignore button,  don't respond, don't bring it up here, give him/her your right cheek instead, by reacting you're looking for attention, report to FinePix, etc.".In reality, the majority would react in an opposing manner, when pushed to the limits.

http://www.myfinepix.co.uk/competition/entry/697049

Kind regards! N.Polo...Quest for Perfection. 

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 07:05
Comment

It gets very boring and tedious month after month HPL decrying cheat comments etc om every image, great coverage for him i guess but like i say, tedious

Reply to comment

Date Thu, 02/02/2012 - 10:04
Comment

To be fair Martyn, he wouldn't have to do this if folk weren't continually making snide and irritating comments on his images and posts.  Wouldn't anyone get fed up and frustrated with this continual hounding?

Viv