Fujifilm M Mount Adapter
Fujifilm are proud to announce the launch of the Fujifilm M Mount Adapter, which adds even greater levels of versatility to the innovative X-Pro1.
The adapter enables the X-Pro1 to be used with M mount lenses – or those built to the same specification – and are optimised to ensure the best possible results are achieved both from lenses and camera body.
Precision engineering for perfect results
In just the same way that the X-Pro1 is built to exacting design standards, the M Mount Adapter employs precision engineering to deliver superb results for discerning photographers.
The adapter comprises three parts; an aluminium mount for the body, a stainless steel mount for the lens plus an aluminium central tube. This construction enables the Fujifilm designers to accurately maintain a 27.8mm distance from lens mount to sensor, which is crucial for the delivery of high quality images.
The camera side of the M Mount Adapter features an array of electronic connections that automatically pass information to the X-Pro1 body based on pre-registered lens profiles. With firmware version 1.10 or later, this information is transmitted by pressing the Function button on the side of the adapter, which allows users to access the Mount Adapter Settings menu on the rear LCD.
Furthermore, with M Mount lenses attached, users can still enjoy the benefits of the X-Pro1’s Hybrid Multi Viewfinder. The Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and LCD monitor both offer a 100% field of view, while on selected lenses the Optical Viewfinder (OVF) displays a bright frame corresponding to the focal length in use.
Lens correction settings provide ultimate control
To ensure the Fujifilm M Mount Adapter delivers optimum results, users can create and fine tune lens profiles through the X-Pro1’s Mount Adapter Settings menu. This menu allows X-Pro1 users to profile up to six lenses. There are four presets for 21mm, 24mm, 28mm and 35mm lenses, plus two optional settings for additional optics.
With the Fujifilm M Mount Adapter attached, profiles can be user-defined based around distortion, peripheral illumination and colour shading corrections. Three levels of distortion correction are available to combat barrel distortion on wide-angle lenses and pincushion distortion on telephoto lenses. Users can select from Strong, Medium or Weak correction, or simply turn any correction off. Peripheral illumination controls the amount of darkening at the four corners of an image.
Eleven levels of correction can be applied from +5 to -5 (including “0”) with users given the choice of darkening the corners of the image to emphasise a central subject or lightening edges for more even illumination across the frame. Finally, colour shading correction allows each corner of the frame to be colour corrected to combat any shift in colour between the centre and edges of the frame. Corrections can be made to red/cyan colour shading and blue/yellow colour shading from -9 to +9 relative to the green channel.
The Fujifilm M Mount Adapter will be bundled with a gauge for checking the compatibility of M Mount lenses and will have a suggested retail price of £179.99.
Fujifilm M Mount Adapter key features
- Three-piece aluminium and stainless steel construction
- 27.8mm lens mount to sensor distance
- Electronic connections and Function button
- Compatible with Hybrid Multi Viewfinder
- Lens profiles and corrections available through Mount Adapter Setting menu (firmware version 1.10 or later must be installed for using above features)
*The firmware ver 1.10 will be available on the Fujifilm Global website in June/2012.
- So it might be warmer now, but it wasn't long ago that it was Baltic, as this #Fujifilm #S9600 owner's blog proves! http://t.co/sNVjkZe48E
- Sending one of these (mic, not camera) to @geekanoids to have a play with and let us know what they think http://t.co/oMdKC1XbZX
- Not quite sure how this #Fujifilm #HS10 managed to stop this fast-moving subject in its tracks - that's some skill! http://t.co/I2Vz8rGj80
- Perfect for British weather... http://t.co/CcYvg6Zr3b #rain #waterproofcamera http://t.co/K7E42nz2LZ
- @Lensflaredave the best kind ;-)